Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life Marches Forward

March 9, 2011

The sun is shining, although we are still deep in snow. 3 days ago, we had our biggest storm of the year. I'm still running on a treadmill, but I'm feeling strong! I'm yearning to run outside, but I don't want to risk a fall or be hit by a car. I've survived all this surgery and healing. It would be incredibly ironic to have a running accident now. So I'm happy to have access to the treadmill.

This is my second week back at work. I'm working half-time. 11:00 to 3:00 Monday through Friday. I'm running most mornings before I go in to the office. I'm tired, but proud at how well I'm doing. It was scary to go back to work, but here I am. I'm doing it. Next week I go to full time 7:45 - 3:30. This will mean waking up VERY early if I want to keep up my running. I'm going to try.

This week, I've been packing up in the evenings for the next day. I thought it would be a good idea to have a week to practice showering at the gym and going straight to work from there. I pack my breakfast, my shower stuff, my clothes, towel, lunch, and work stuff, which takes good planning and organization. The first day I did it, I arrived at the gym - minus a jog bra. I just laughed and ran without it. My new breast held up better than the other one!

I had enough time after my run today to stop at a coffee shop and write this. but I do need to pack up and get to work now.

More soon. I've been having lots of thoughts and insights as I prepare to immerse myself back into my pre-mastectomy world of work. It's hard to stay on top of the anxiety, but having a great shrink helps a lot.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment